Rhinoplasty is one of the most commonly practiced cosmetic surgery all around the world.
During a Rhinoplasty surgery, the nasal cartilages and bones are modified, or tissue is added, to improve the visual appeal of the nose. For men and women who are unhappy with the size and shape of their nose, rhinoplasty, otherwise known as nose reshaping surgery or a “nose job,” offers a safe, effective, and time-tested cosmetic solution.
If you have undergone a rhinoplasty or if you are still making up your mind for the same, here are few of the most efficient and speedy ways to recover from this surgery:
- Elevate your head while sleeping to reduce swelling. Do take lots of deep breaths, wiggle your toes occasionally when in bed right after surgery, and walk around a bit, all to keep circulation going to prevent blood clots.
- Consume a low-salt diet to minimize fluid withholding in the nasal tip. Ensure eating soft weeks for the first day or two after the surgery. Healthy patients heal faster.
- Ice-packs always come in handy in case of any swelling. Following up the medication prescribed by the doctor is necessary to avoid any discomfort or pain.
- Don’t consume alcohol or tobacco. Instead, engage yourself by taking a nap. Sleeping promotes healing so take advantage of it anytime you can.
- Do not ignore signs of complications or infections. Get in touch with the doctor immediately. Stay hydrated and keep up to your emotional well-being.
Recovery time may vary from an individual to another according to their physical and emotional fitness. Patients also will need to consider things such as:
- Their Current Health
- Their Age
- The time they spend in the sun
- The complexity of the surgery
- General or local anesthesia
Rhinoplasty is a surgery hence it takes your body some time to heal. The results will be longlasting and you will be able to enjoy a new crafted nose as a new astonishing feature on your face.
Post a Comment